I have always been fascinated by memory – it’s not only what we remember or forget but what triggers those memories and how vivid the emotions can be. While some childhood memories are just glimpses of events, others feel like full stories.
What do you remember most about your years as an elementary student? Likely, your favorite teacher comes to mind and perhaps a classmate who wasn’t always kind. While you might not remember all of the dates that you learned in social studies, if you grew up in California, you can probably picture the mission that you created in 4th grade; mine was made out of sugar cubes.
As we approach the end of the calendar year, we want to share some upcoming highlights that we know will be remembered for many years to come.
Tuesday, 1/25 – Open House
- For the first time in way too long, we are so excited to invite families ON CAMPUS to experience the Yavneh student’s education from inside the classrooms. Learn what’s in store for this year and next year, talk to teachers, see current and past projects, and so much more. The event begins at 6:00 pm although, entry times will be staggered to ensure the safety of everyone. More details will be emailed, sign up here!
- Starting in February, all of the Gan through Kitah Hay students showcase their learning at a milestone event.
Friday, 2/18 Generations Day
- Invite grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles, and all other extended family to add generations day to their calendar! This event will be both IN PERSON and online. RSVP and details to come.
Monday, 3/7 – Tuesday, 3/8 – Family Conferences
Thursday, 3/17 – Purim Celebrations –
- 12:15 pm Dismissal
Monday, 3/28 – Monday, 4/11 – 8th Grade Journey
Monday, 4/4 – Friday, 4/8 – 5th – 7th Journeys
Thursday, 4/14 Walk-a-thon
May, TBD – Celebrating 40 Years of Yavneh Gala
- Join us as we celebrate Yavneh’s 40th Anniversary. For all community! (Current families, staff, extended families, alumni, and alumni staff, etc.)
May, TBD – Annual Meeting
May, TBD – Art Walk
Wednesday, 6/8 Graduation
- 1:30 pm – Invite families, save the date!
Thursday, 6/9 – Sunday, 6/12 – Yavneh Family Camping Trip
- Save the date, details coming soon!