Family Day of Code, Tinkering, and Play 7.0
Please join us for the annual Family Day of Code, Tinkering and Play on November 15, 2020. Here, you can envision a world where you can travel to space – why say the sky is the limit, when now, Space is the Limit!
- This year, the event will be virtual, so please feel free to invite local and distant friends and family!
- There will be LIVE sessions and unplugged sessions per age group
- If you are local, and you register by November 3rd, you will be able to pick up some goodies to conquer your challenges. (Otherwise, you can easily gather your own supplies.)
Registration: Click here
- Coding sessions by age group (PreK-4th)
Pre-K and K: Scratch Jr.
- 1st and 2nd: coming soon
- 3rd and 4th: Roblox
- Robotics session by Wonder Workshops (5th-8th) We will have exclusive access to WonderWorkshop robotics virtual simulator. Dash becomes virtual just for us and the VP of Education of WonderWorkshop will give you challenges and teach you the ins and outs of the simulator!
- Tinkering stations where you can build space related creations such as a board game or a popsicle stick puppet. (PreK-4th)
- Escape rooms (5th-8th)
- Family engineering challenges for all that are out of this world!
- Build a lunar lander that will safely land on the moon and must keep your two astronauts inside your lander.
- Build a lunar roving vehicle that will safely be able to drive around the moon, without falling into a crater.
- Build a space station on the moon to launch rockets to Mars.
Family Day of Code, Tinkering & Play 7.0 Schedule
View the event schedule.
- Once you register, when we get close to the event, we will send you the detailed schedule with Zoom links.
- Each session will have a unique Zoom link.
- A complete list of materials will be provided to attendees. The list should require minimal purchases and should be collected in advance.
- For those interested, materials will be available for a drive-by pick up at Yavneh Day School on November 8th.
- Instructions for the material pick up will be provided to registrants.
- In order to pick up materials, you must register by November 3rd.
- Unfortunately, no make up date for pick up is available.
Questions/ideas: [email protected]