In the morning, the program will offer stations and hands-on activities that will allow you to put your creativity into action. Moreover, we will offer three tinkering stations, and a family engineering challenge all geared to using STEAM tools and skills to repair the world!
In the afternoon, interactive coding sessions will inspire children to program projects and animations that will show people what they can do to make the world a better place. In addition, in the morning attendees will receive the materials needed to create their own small irrigation system, and in the afternoon an online session will be held for people to build it.
Hosted Outdoors @ Yavneh – Morning portion (10:00 am – Noon):
- Families with kids PreK-4th grade: All new tinkering stations will feature different ways to use STEAM to repair the world! and our classic build and launch your rocket!
- Families with kids in 5th-8th grade will have amazing hand on experiences such as creating a “Little Free Library” to help people who do not have easy access to books be able to improve their literacy skills. Or to build a model of a tiny house complex to present to the city of San Jose.
- Family Challenge (open to everyone) build a working solar oven.
As always all the sessions will be grade/age-specific. The family challenge will offer families and friends the opportunity to use their imagination and solve three real-life space-related questions.
Hosted Online – Afternoon portion (1:30-3:00pm):
- Families with kids PreK-4th grade: coding sections divided by age focusing on programing solutions to repair the world via coding. And create an irrigation system solution1.0 with materials received in the morning.
- Families with kids 5th-8th grade: these families will be able to choose from listening to specialists in best practices for botany, and gardening; or solving a virtual escape room. Then, all families will participate in creating an irrigation system solution2.0 with materials received in the morning.
Open to all – Invite your friends! This is a family event for families with children aged PreK to 8th grade!
Questions? Please contact [email protected]